Terre des hommes founded by Edmond Kaiser on 22 July 1960 in Switzerland. Since its creation in 1960, the mission of Terre des hommes (Tdh) has been to come to the aid of children in need. It activities at all times to defend the rights of children. Now Terre des hommes working in over 32 countries including Bangladesh.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) has been active in Bangladesh since 1974 and works on improving health care for mothers and children under five years old, as well as preparing local communities to deal with natural disasters. Tdh is working in Kurigram and Barguna (Patharghata) among Bangladesh in this regards.
Major responsibilities of Tdh:
- Tdh plans to reinforce its collaboration with Governtmentas structures at the community level and to intervene as a support to ensure a proper implementation of national policies in terms of mother and child health, including nutrition issues.
- Tdh plans to construct a roof shelter in front of community clinics to facilitate group activities with mothers and children.
- Tdh support the reactivated government facilities through training and regular direct collaboration in the field.
- Tdh support the appropriate Community Management of Acute Malnutrition in the Governmental structures according to CMAM National guidelines and WHO Guidelines.
- Tdh Support locally the celebration of the World Breastfeeding week and other nutrition and hygiene events, in close collaboration with other key stakeholders, under the supervision of Health Authorities.
- Tdh will report to local Health Authorities and will attend regular meetings with them (DC Office, CS Office, UNO, UH&FPO & UFPO).